All products featured on Vogue are independently selected by our editors. However, we may earn affiliate revenue on this article and commission when you buy something.
When seeking out the season’s hottest new trends, the runways aren’t the only place to source sartorial inspiration. The street style scene spotted in between each show is equally as inspiring—it’s also just as telling of fashion’s future. Among the top trends spotted during the most recent fashion month, we couldn’t help but notice a slew of sleek leather midiskirts worn time and again by some of fashion’s chicest insiders. The embrace of shin-grazing hemlines comes as no surprise, given that for the past few seasons, many brands, like Bottega Veneta and Miu Miu, have called upon the prim-and-proper quality of retro midi silhouettes. For fall 2023 however, some leather midiskirts err on the edgier side, courtesy of Cos, Marant Étoile, Rag & Bone, while others are simply tailored-to-perfection.
Vogue’s Leather Midiskirt Wish List:
- The Everyday Essential: The Frankie Shop Heather leather pencil skirt, $500
- The Zip-Up: Zara zippered leather skirt, $279
- The Flared Find: Proenza Schouler White Label Jesse leather midiskirt, $525
- The Day-to-Night Delight: Citizens of Humanity Aria leather midiskirt, $768
- The Chocolate Brown Classic: Proenza Schouler leather wrap midiskirt, $2,490
- The Super Sleek Style: Mango leather midiskirt, $400
- The Pleated Pick: Altuzarra Tullius skirt, $1,495
- The Patent Midi: Marant Étoile Breanne midiskirt, $555
- The Metallic Midiskirt: Staud Oaklyn metallic faux leather skirt, $295
- The Workwear Staple: Max Mara Leisure faux leather A-line skirt, $285
From figure-skimming pencil skirts to ladylike A-line skirts and modern schoolgirl-inspired pleated skirts, the leather midi has unmatched versatility. Dressed up with notable knit or down with an everyday T-shirt, this is one closet classic all your wardrobe essentials will pair with perfectly.
Also when it comes to easy, yet effortless winter dressing, it’s the ideal fashion foundation. Style Citizens of Humanity’s midi with a denim overshirt and a warming winter coat or drape a matching leather trench atop Altuzarra’s buttoned-up leather midiskirt. Fit to flare, Proenza Schouler White Label’s voluminous version is seriously sophisticated—a no-brainer addition to your working wardrobe. And while we could never replace our party-ready dresses, styling Salon 1884’s asymmetrical midi or Nili Lotan’s version with a timeless kitten heel and evening bag exudes elegance.
Below, shop 34 shin-grazing leather midiskirts that get the street style seal of approval.